Let’s move on.
1) What are 3 most important advantages of learning on your own?
- I determine the pace at which I learn
- I organize my time
- It costs nothing
- It helps me get away from it all
- I decide what serves me best
- I choose articles, books, exercise, methods
- I practice self-discipline
- I can find out what I really don’t know
- I can prepare questions I want to ask my teachers; consequently, working with them is more fruitful
- It reminds me of the influence I have on my life
- I am able to determine the best place, time etc. to learn
- It is great fun
- It rejuvenates me
- Others – what?
2) What are 3 most important disadvantages of learning on your own:
- I am not systematic
- I cannot just decide and get down to study
- I cannot plan how to learn
- I decide to learn, I don’t learn and I have bad conscious
- I don’t have time
- I don’t feel motivated
- I procrastinate
- I get stuck when there’s something I don’t understand and nobody to answer my questions
Others – what?
My answers don’t surprise you, do they?
$ Whether they surprise me or not is not essential. If you’re really interested: they don’t. What is essential is whether you realize what attracts you to learning on your own and what discourages you from doing this. What’s next?